0

The Magic Nature of Lima

Posted on Sunday, June 9, 2013


Farah Hazim

June 8th, 2013 



walking down Mira Flores and enjoying the ocean view is my favorite thing to do in Lima, Peru. I enjoy the magic nature every time I am out by the ocean or the mountain. Aside from the nature, I am learning a lot everyday at UARM University. I have learned about the history, geography, social and political conflicts in Peru. social and political conflicts lecture was my favorite. I was introduced to the social conflicts that the indigenous is facing for years now from the mining industry that is going on by river. The indigenous think that the mining industry is damaging their secret river, and they want to protect it by reducing or even eliminating the mining by the river.

I also enjoyed visiting the museums and learning more about the history of Peru. Museo Larco is one of the museums I visited here in Lima. I learned about the civilization and the history difference of both North and South coasts of Peru. I loved seeing the similarity and the differences between both  of the coasts. My favorite statue was for the mummy of the south coast which was buried and rapped with fabrics and in standing position. The interesting part is they took an X rays at the museum couple rays ago to make sure  that the mummy has a dead body inside it. I have posted the picture of the mummy of the south and the picture of the x- rays that was done years ago. The mummy of the north coast looked different than the south one. It was buried in the mud and covered with different layers of sand. I also learned that people in the north and the south coast use cold and silver for their customs and it used to be more shiny, well suited in the north than in the south coast. 

Another interesting part is the  people from the north used to think the sea is the secret place while the mountain was the secret place for people in the south. I also enjoyed looking at the textile of the north and south coasts of Peru. My visit to the museum was useful and beautiful. I learned about the history of Peru and about the different civilizations they had have.
My group and I visited the Day-care the UNO opened for the people live in San Juan Mira Flores. We helped them painting the classrooms, and I also played soccer with the kids. It was an wonderful experience, and I will be willing to repeat it again. I also enjoyed learning Spanish from the kids at the day-care.

National Museum, is one of the amazing museums that I visited here in Lima, Peru. It has too many sites to visit. The shining Path floor was my favorite, I got to know more about the history of Peru at the period of the shinning path. I felt sad for the people who were living the period of the shinning path, and I am glad it is over.

Overall my experience in Lima Peru was amazing. I loved the city and I was amazed by its magic nature. I would love to visit Lima again If I got the chance to do so, and I am going to learn Spanish, so I can communicate more with its people. 

Posted by

No Comments

Discussion

Leave a response

Powered by Blogger.