0

The simple life of Cuzco

Posted on Friday, June 28, 2013


Farah Hazim
06/ 12/13
Cuzco 



The shiny multiple stars and the moon is what grapped my attention in this district at night. The look of the stars was just amazing, I have never seen the stars as close as this time ever in my life before. I also enjoyed looking at the mountain with the iced peak. The simplicity of the life here in this district is what I like the most. Everything is so simple even their houses. The house here is made up of clay and bricks, grass roof, wood doors, and animals in the yard. 
My group and I visited the milk factory here, which was quite simple, there was only one man working, but I am not sure if he was the only one that works there, or there were multiple of them. He explained to us how he buys the milk and makes the cheese out of it. He told us that his production of milk and cheese increased a lot after he sold his cows which were a very good kind of cows and used the money to open us his small business. He also told us that he learned how to make the cheese from the Ccaijo program which helps the people now how to do work, so they can start their own business. 

We also visited a farm and we met the farmer and his wife. The farmer was so happy because Ccaijo helped him a lot in knowing how to breed his cows and how to treat them right. He was so happy because he got the money for himself and his family. The sad side of this great happy family is the farmer cut his finger while he was working in the farm and he went to the hospital and got medicine for one day only. Dr. Davis looked at the farmer’s finger and gave him a medicine and asked him to keep on cleaning his hand and his finger and he should be fine after he takes the medicine. 

My group and I had the chance to visit one of the community group work that belongs to Ccaijo here in this district and we had a presentation there too. We were amazed by educational programs they have there. We met the instructor who was teaching the people how to use the internet and Microsoft words and all of its programs and that was in one of the rooms in that community. We also saw the room that was specialized for woman to learn how to do textile. Another example of the help that CCaijo offers was the bakery shop which was amazing. My group and I were not able to resist the smell of the pan and the cookies they were making there. We bought 60 pans for 10 soles. The pans were amazing, I am on a strict carbs diet, but I could not resist them and ate a half pan or even more. 

We also spent the night at one of the peasant houses, The house I slept in was nice, and the family seemed so welcoming and happy for our visit They played music when we first got in and I enjoyed listening to it. 

Finally, my experience is amazing so far, I love the nature of this country and the simplicity of some of tis regions. I am glad I had the chance to visit Peru and meet its people and enjoy its nature. 

Posted by

No Comments

Discussion

Leave a response

Powered by Blogger.